Bottle Feeding Foals
Foal Feeding Schedule
Feed LAND O LAKES®
foal milk replacer for the first eight weeks following the suggested foal feeding schedule*:
*Amounts should be adjusted based on breed and desired growth rates
- 2-7 days of age: 4 feedings per day, 4-8 quarts total
- 8-14 days: 4 feedings per day, 6-12 quarts total
- 15-28 days: 3 feedings per day, 8-15 quarts total
- 29-35 days: 3 feedings per day, 6-12 quarts total
- 36days-weaning: 2 feedings per day, 4-8 quarts total
Feeding Foals for Best Results
Water temperature for mixing foal milk replacer should be 110-120 degrees F. When foal milk replacer is delivered to the foal it should be 105 degrees F. Always weigh foal milk replacer powder and measure water for accurate mixing.
Provide free-choice, fresh, clean water along with a high-quality creep feed or LAND O LAKES® Mare’s Match® foal transition pellets
to help ease the stress of weaning.